The AD2000 Women's Track seeks to promote the vision of world evangelism by mobilizing, encouraging and training women primarily through already established churches and women's groups. It focuses on unity rather than diversity, on partnership rather than duplicating efforts, on cooperation rather than independance. It is committed to releasing and equipping women for service, using the gifts God has given them, especially among the least reached people groups.
Our primary purpose is to be a catalytic force to mobilize, equip and release Christian women leaders for evangelism, especially among the least reached. Least reached is defined in these guidelines as: An ethno-linguistic group with a population of less than 5% Christian adherence and who have little or no opportunity to hear or respond to the Gospel.
We also help women to grow in their faith, become more successful as wives and mothers; become more knowledgeable of the Word of God; experience greater freedom from injustice and inequality and be able to overcome poverty and abuse. As these objectives contribute to more effective witnessing and outreach to the lost and least reached, they are incorporated into the overall vision, but they must never replace the primary purpose.
We seek to fulfill the above by:
- Information: To share the conditions and needs of those least reached with the Gospel, especially those of women.
- Inspiration: To provide models of women in ministry and evangelism.
- Instruction: To facilitate training to equip women in prayer and evangelism and in the use of their gifts and leadership skills.
- Interaction: To mobilize and network key women leaders locally and internationally.
- Involvement: To promote advocacy for the adoption of least reached people groups, and the actual penetration of these groups with prayer teams, missions trips, holistic ministries, long-term evangelists and church planters.
- Interdependance: To encourage partnership of men and women in ministry, and cooperation with other ministries who share our common goals and objectives.
We will seek to accomplish this by:
- Networking key women leaders across denominational lines in different parts of the world.
- Facilitating seminars and providing teachers and resources to train women in evangelism and related subjects.
- Providing resources and leadership for grass roots evangelism projects.
- Addressing relevant issues women face so they can use their God given gifts more effectively.
Because of the difference in size and population in each region, it is suggested that the regional leader with her national coordinators set specific goals for the following:
- Prayer triplets organized to pray for unsaved family members and friends and for a specific least reached people group.
- Regular training programs helping women to discover and use their gifts, developing leadership skills and effective outreach methods.
- Cooperation and partnership across denominations and organizations for evangelism.
- Outreach activities launched -- prayer journeys, short-term evangelism projects into least reached areas, church planters sponsored or sent. Each region could target a number of churches to be planted in a least reached people group, preferably in cooperation with church leaders.
Since the Great Commission is incumbant upon all Christians, we seek to work cross-culturally, internationally and across gender, denominational and organizational barriers to reach people for Christ who have never known His love.
Back to the Women's Track Home Page
Back to the AD2000 Home Page