Celebrate Messiah 2000 Rough Draft Program Concept
Dear AD2-Announce brothers and sisters:
Please see the attached draft program elements for the Celebrate
Messiah 2000 (CM2000) event being planned in Jerusalem / Bethlehem 27
December 2000 - 2 January 2001. This draft is the 2nd wave draft, the
first one shared with AD2000 Track / Task Force leaders, plus key
Regional / National Coordinators a few weeks ago. We joyfully solicit
your comments and suggestions on this CM2000 program draft, plus other
inputs you may wish to share with us relating to the CM2000 process
and plans that should be brought to our attention for consideration.
Bless you and thank you for your longstanding commitment and
contributions to the AD2000 & Beyond Movement - in that all seen and
That ALL may hear!
Celebrate Messiah 2000
27 December 2000 to 2 January 2001 in Jerusalem/Bethlehem
Launching the Third Millennium / From Jerusalem to the Uttermost
Rough Draft Program Concept
We solicit your inputs. Below are the draft ingredients of the
primary CM2000 program elements, just developed with the participation
of the other sponsoring movement, LCWE (Lausanne Committee for World
Evangelization). We seek your prayers and inputs toward development
of this historic event program. Please review and share any thoughts
you might have on the purposes, plenary streams/themes, participant
mix and program components by 30 October to AD2000 at
(The AD2000 International Office will be closing early in 2001. Click here for more information.)<>
- Celebrate Jesus for: Who He is! What He has done to build His
church! What He will do to bring all peoples to Himself in the next
- Celebrate what Jesus is doing as the Head of the Church. Discern
the major streams of living water flowing within the Body of Christ;
unveil/display them appropriately.
- Be a blessing to God's people in that region via their invitation,
encouragement and participation.
Plenary Streams / Themes (Rough Sequential Flow):
- Celebrating God at work in the biblical heart of the 10/40 Window -
An opening welcome, music, drama and worship/celebration provided
through the Host Committee - comprised of Messianic Jews and Arab
Christians from the local region.
- Learning from those who have gone before (a panorama of church
history: from the early church to the present day). Giving
recognition, honor and praise / thanks to those of the Body of Christ
spanning 2000 years, the first half of plenary to 1900 and the second
half the last 100 years / 20th century.
- Assessing the status of the Unfinished Task - Providing status
information, major movements and trends, etc., with praise for what
God has done over 2000 years of world evangelism - with an overview
picture and challenge to complete the unfinished task.
- Encouraging women's mobilization in world evangelization - Hear
from key women leaders the stories, trends, concerns and power of
women to become an ever-increasing part and force towards the
completion of world evangelism.
- Serving the poor and needy - Hear stories, reports and current
movements responding to the poor and needy people of the world and the
transforming power of the Gospel when carried lovingly to them.
- Worshipping our Lord - A special time of worship to our Lord, set
aside ONLY for this purpose, prayerfully embracing portions of several
cultures, yet joyfully uplifting to us all!
- Covenanting for the 21st century - A Millennial Manifesto - A time
of "looking forward" at a specially developed Manifesto of spiritual,
social, inspirational and directional tenets for the 21st century,
building on those milestone events and covenants of the last 90 years.
- Recognizing emerging leaders from the worldwide community - A time
of spotlighting new emerging leaders, listening to their dreams and
visions for the future - representing the leadership corps of
tomorrow. Also includes a mutual time of affirmation of existing
leaders and vice-versa to the emerging leaders, with praise and thanks
- Mobilizing prayer - A special time of recognizing and rejoicing in
the power of prayer as a foundational gift of God to the Church and
His people, including latest reports and information on prayer
movements and prayer resource plans for the future.
- Promoting global partnership and world evangelization - A time for
recognizing some of the dramatic blessings God has yielded through
global and regional partnerships, existing models and trends, plus
praise and encouragement for the future.
- Acknowledging Church movements toward the Unfinished Task -
Completion of the unfinished task is the responsibility of the Church
of Jesus Christ! Many new and powerful church movements now exist
around the world, which will be spotlighted as God is raising up new
models, resources and ways for His ultimate purpose.
- Affirming the role of the majority church in World Missions - The
dramatic growth in the Two-Thirds World is fast becoming the major
portion resource in world mission enterprise. Recognition and
affirmation of the role of the Two-Thirds World Church is to be
spotlighted with praise and thanksgiving. Vision for 21st century.
- Recommitting to Jesus Christ, His commandment and His Commission -
Upon close of the CM2000 event, a special time to recommit ourselves
to Jesus and His Command and Commission out of His Word is planned.
Close with Holy Communion.
- All-night prayer meeting on 31 December 2000 with brief reflection
on eight major events in the life of Jesus, the Messiah, highlighting
the theological and practical significance today.
- Thirteen plenary sessions at the International Convention Center
- 12 new videos on the major affinity blocs of the peoples of the
- Dramatic presentation and visit to Bethlehem.
- Prayer walking in Jerusalem / Bethlehem.
- National / Regional / Functional delegation planning meetings at
hotels (catalyzation by key leaders).
- Optional tour to Galilee 3 -5 January 2001.
- Optional gathering with Christian leaders and tour to Jordan 3 - 5
Targeted - Total of 3000+ participants - with one-half emerging
leaders and 40% women from 150+ countries.
Back to the Celebrate Messiah 2000 home page
Back to the AD2000 home page