Praying Through the Window III -- October, 1997
The Unreached Peoples
Condensed Prayer Guide Instructions
This prayer guide is a resource for Godís people to use to pray more effectively
for unreached peoples in a focused, informed, knowledgeable way during Praying through
the Window III. It is meant for those who cannot or will not purchase the book.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute it. You may charge a nominal fee to
cover costs of printing. Permission is NOT granted to sell at a profit. Our goal
is to put resources in the hands of any Christian who is willing to pray.
PLEASE distribute this widely.
Below are suggestions for printing and using this resource and how to get others to
Pray through the Window.
- You are strongly encouraged to buy the book "Praying through the Window III: The
Unreached Peoples". This prayer guide is a very condensed version of the book and it
cannot contain all the valuable information you will get from the full version.
- You may download a Microsoft<>
Word file of this prayer guide. It is about 58 Kb (zipped).
- An 8 1/2" X 11" full color map locating the 134 Unreached Peoples featured in
PTW III is available (see resource list). This would be a useful part of your prayer guide.
- The prayer guide can be printed on thirty two 8 Ĺ" X 11" pages or sixteen pages
front and back. You may wish to make the cover page another color or thicker.
- The prayer guide can be adapted for your group.
- Put the name of your group on the title page.
- Add a page for missionaries, countries or peoples in the 10/40 Window that your
- Add information on the title page about when and where your group will be praying
together and other resources you have available.
Please do not remove the title page or any information on it.
- You may use this 31 day prayer guide any time (or repeatedly) to expand your
group's vision to pray for unreached peoples. If you use it during October 1997,
you will join over 30 million Christians across the world praying for the same people
at the same time.
- Make sure your group understands the meaning of some important terms:
- peoples: "The largest group within which the gospel can flow along natural
lines without encountering barriers of understanding or acceptance" (John Robb) or "a
group that calls 'us' 'us' and 'them' 'them' " (David Stearns)
- unreached: Peoples and areas that have not been exposed to the preaching
of the gospel. Strictly, it should be a measure of the exposure of a people to the gospel
and not a measure of the response. A people may be considered reached if it has a viable,
indigenous, self-reproducing church movement in its midst.
- 10/40 Window: Often called "The Resistant Belt", this rectangular-shaped
window extends from West Africa to East Asia, from ten degrees north to forty degrees
north of the equator. This specific region, encompasses the majority of the world's
Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists -- billions of spiritually impoverished souls.
- Work to get a commitment from your group for fervent prayer every day.
- Use the knowledge, skills and attitudes your group will gain to take new steps of
commitment for unreached peoples. Investigate adopting a people, supporting frontier
missions or going on a prayer journey. Make this the beginning of something, rather
than a one-time thing.
- Obtain some of the many resources on the next page that can help your group pray
Back to the Condensed Prayer Guide
Back to theAD2000 home page