GCOWE '95 Assumptions
Global Consultation On World Evangelization
A Mid-Decadal Global Strategy Meeting On World Evangelization
- A church for every people and the gospel for every person by AD2000
- Seoul, Korea
- May 17-26, 1995
- The purpose of GCOWE '95 is to encourage continued momentum building toward the fullfillment of the goal of a church for every people and the gospel for every people by the year 2000.
- When the whole church is mobilized, there is a much greater probability that the whole world will be reached and peoples' lives will be changed (in both directions, sending and receiving).
- There is a divine superintending of global events, such as the demise of communism, the failure of secular humanism to satisfy the needs of man, an age of unbelief moving to an age of faith in which people are seeking a faith that is rigorous or demanding and more personal.
- The explosive growth of the Two Thirds World church in this century has positioned the global church for a major evangelistic thrust in the nineties.
- Many church and mission leaders now believe that genuine partnerships are the only way to take advantage of the opportunities presented by this last decade of the millennium as we move toward the year 2000 and beyond.
- Those best equipped to reach a people/nation are the Christians from that people/nation, although cross-cultural and international forces for evangelism are also required.
- Each participant to GCOWE '95 has a commitment to the overall goal of establishing a mission-minded church planting movement within every unreached people group and city by the year 2000.
- Each participant to GCOWE '95 recognizes a need to network with Christian leaders who share the same vision for world evangelization by AD 2000.
- There is a presence of Christian leaders in every country of the world who are committed to the fulfillment of the Great COmmission, who desire fellowship and network with those outside of their country who share a common vision.
- Commitment is building to strengthen existing national movements that are based on faith goals for AD2000, and recognition of a need to design viable strategies for all interest groups to work together.
- Participants selected for GCOWE '95 will share the AD 2000 vision with their churches, denominations, affinity groups and family, and depend on God to supply the needed finances for travel to GCOWE '95, which they are expected to raise themselves.
- Commitment to the spirit and content of the Great Commission Manifesto produced at the Global Consultation for World Evangelization in Singapore in January 1989, plus the Lausanne Covenant and the WEF Statement of Faith.
back to GCOWE '95
The AD2000 & Beyond Movement
2860 South Circle Drive, Suite 2112
Colorado Springs CO USA 80906
+1 719 576 2000
+1 719 576 2685 (FAX)