Declaration of Belo Horizonte
Daily updates direct from Belo '97.<>
We, members of the Brazilian Evangelical Church, gathered together at the Joshua
Project 2000 Congress and participants in the Brazilian missions movement, connected to
the AD2000 movement internationally,
- Recognize that ...
- we have a missionary calling
- we have a responsibility for the evangelization of our country and the world
- we have material resources and people whom God has called
- the local church is responsible for the missionary task, in which agencies,
denominational boards and mission organizations have a crucial role
- the blessing of God on us is for the purpose of our being a blessing to others
- in this post-modern era there are subtle dangers, as well as immense opportunities
for the advance of the missionary work
- Reaffirm that ...
- the lordship of Christ over all the nations of the earth
- the importance of Scipture as the basis for all Christian experience
- our commitment to carry the Gospel to all the indigenous peoples of Brazil who are
- our purpose to be representatives of the kingdom of God, of a whole Gospel which
deals with the human being in his totality
- the universal priesthood, in which both men and woman are called to ministry,
according to Godís gifting
- the fact that intercession, ethics and holiness are indispensable in the missionary
- Commit ourselves to ...
- work for a more visible unity in the Brazilian Evangelical Church
- seek new forms of cooperation in order to reach the unreached both near and far
- seek improvement in our sending structures and in missionary preparation
- work in favor of the adoption, by Brazilian churches, of 170 peoples (10% of the
Joshua Project 2000 list), as well as the adoption of the more than 200 Brazilian
municipalities with a population of less than 1% evangelical
- awaken pastors to involvement in world evangelization, believing that they are
key people in the missionary task
- participate in a new Joshua Project 2000 Congress in 1999, bringing the fruits of
our labor and seeking to hear the voice of God for the upcoming years
We thank all those who contributed to the realization of this event, through their
work, donations, intercession and support.
Joshua Project 2000
Belo Horizonte, January of 1997.
Back to the AD2000 Conferences page
Back to the AD2000 home page