What can you do?
hspace=1 vspace=5 align=right>
The 10/40 Window
What you can do:
There are several important ways in which your church or prayer
group can become involved in advancing the AD2000 & Beyond Movement
and focusing attention on The 10/40 Window. Consider these
Establish an AD2000 Task Force
- Form a task force of individuals who are committed to pray for the
evangelization of the world for Christ. Select a name of your group
such as "AD2000 Task Force" or "AD2000 Committee."
- Assign responsibilities within the task force, including communication
with church and ministry leaders, promotion, leadership of prayer groups,
Select An Unreached People, A Least Evangelized City and Country
- Select one unreached people group to adopt. By adopting the group,
recognize that you are committing to pray for their evangelization. For
an AD2000 listing of unreached peoples and more information, contact the
Adopt-A-People Clearinghouse, P.O. Box 17490, Colorado Springs, CO 80935,
- Join a "Joshua Project 2000" short term missions team to travel to
one of the targeted 2000 least evangelized people groups to pray and do
research on how to reach that people. For more information, contact
the AD2000 & Beyond Movement, 2860 S. Circle Dr., Suite 2112, Colorado
Springs, CO 80906, (719) 576-2000.
The AD2000 International Office will be closing early in 2001. Click here for more information.
- Select one of the 1000 least evangelized cities. Study the AD2000
Cities Track Listing available from: Urban Leadership Foundation, 127 N.
Madison Ave., #20, Pasadena, CA, 91101, (818) 584-3863.
- Select one of the 61 countries in The 10/40 Window to adopt.
Detailed information on the countries is available through: The Sentinal
Group, P.O. Box 6334, Lynnwood, WA 98036, (206) 672-2989.
- Assign four task forces for these prayer segments: unreached people
group, city, country, and The 10/40 Window.
- Initiate a special adoption process or service that will highlight
the unreached people group, city, and/or country that you have adopted.
Hold an AD2000 Consultation
- Conduct a consultation with leaders of key ministries within your
church or group to set goals from the present to the year 2000 based
on the Word of God, the contextual realities of the ministry within
the church/group and outside the church/group, and what you expect God
to do in and through the church/group by the year 2000. (Include a
local and a global focus.)
Prepare For Praying Through the Window
- Organize a seminar to prepare for Praying Through the Window
in October 1995 and October 1997. Materials are available through
the Christian Information Network, 11025 Hwy 83, Colorado Springs, CO
80921, (719) 522-1040.
- Coordinate a month of prayer with fasting in October 1995 and
October 1997, to pray for spiritual breakthroughs, the outpouring
of the Holy Spirit, and the Lordship of Jesus Christ to be established
in every people group, every city, and every country in The 10/40
Window. The focus of October 1995 is the 100 Gateway Cities,
and the focus for October 1997 is the 2000 least evangelized peoples.
- Send a team to one of the countries in The 10/40 Window
for on-site intercessory prayer during a week in October 1995 and
October 1997. Coordinate with the Christian Information Network
at the above address.
Prepare For Community Wide Efforts
- Organize Concerts of Prayer in your city. For more information
contact Concerts of Prayer International, P.O. Box 1399, Wheaton, IL
60189, (708) 690-8441.
- Organize local churches to join in the united prayer march in your
city. Upcoming dates: May 25, 1996; May 17, 1997; May 30, 1998;
May 22, 1999, and June 10, 2000. For more information, contact the
March for Jesus, P.O. Box 3216, Austin, TX 78764, (512) 416-0066.
Back to theAD2000 home page